JC FRIDAYS IS BACK FOR FALL
Taking Place on Friday, September 8, 2017
A City-Wide, All-Day Celebration of Art and Culture in Jersey City
(Jersey City, NJ; Aug 8, 2017)— Fall is on its way, and Art House’s JC Fridays will kick off the season with 31 exciting visual and performing arts events! Come out and celebrate with this city-wide festival on Friday, September 8, 2017. Restaurants, galleries, stores, and event spaces throughout Jersey City will showcase a variety of art-related happenings including visual exhibitions, live music, performance acts, educational demonstrations, and more. All events are free and open to the public. As one of the preeminent art scenes in the tri-state area, Jersey City is abound with artists of all types, musicians, and individuals with unique talent; JC Fridays is one of the best times for them to share their newest projects and works. Held quarterly, thousands of residents pour out to experience these artists’ latest works and to revel in the joy art brings to the community.
Some highlights include (a complete list of events follows):
• ART— “New Jersey & You - Perfect Together!” A group show of painting, photography, and sculpture that celebrates the beauty, industry, and off-beat character of the state of New Jersey. $1 donation to Art House for every person who signs our guest book ($5 donation if you also check in at Casa Colombo) with the JERSEY CITY ARTS COUNCIL AT VILLAGE WEST GALLERY.
• EDUCATIONAL— “Tiny Artists.” Hazel Baby & Kids invites accompanied children between the ages of 3 and 5 to create their own collages in another edition of our “Tiny Artists” workshop. The pieces will be displayed in our window for evening viewing. Drop in any time during the event hours at HAZEL BABY & KIDS.
• FILM/VIDEO— “The Base 12 Project.” PRIME Gallery is excited to present The Base 12 Project by Apostrophe NYC, a group exhibition featuring works from their pop-up collection with PRIME GALLERY X APROSTROPHE NYC.
• MUSIC— “Music at Whealth.” Drop into Whealth for an evening of live musical performances! Take a step into the new Whealth Cafe and enjoy a nice meal while you're there! Seating begins at 7:00PM and 8:30PM at Whealth’s Journal Squared Café.
• PERFORMANCE— “New Waves.” Fiber optic light-embedded forms respond to music in hypnotic, undulating light displays (featuring some original electronic music by husband Robert Gourley). Videos are projection-mapped onto three-dimensional surfaces, which the audience is invited to interact with in surprising ways with JANET JEUN-GOURLEY (SPANGLE POP).
JC FRIDAYS LISTINGS
September 8, 2017
FOR A FULL LISTING OF EVENTS VISIT www.JCfridays.com
- Destination Jersey City
- The Jersey City Reporter
- Jersey City Magazine
- Mayor Steven M. Fulop, the Jersey City Municipal Council & Cultural Affairs
- Jersey City Department of Housing, Economic Development, and Commerce
- Historic Downtown SID
Made possible in part by funds from the New Jersey State Council on the Arts/Department of State, A Partner Agency of the National Endowment for the Arts; administered by the Hudson County Office of Cultural & Heritage Affairs/Tourism Development, and by the County of Hudson, Thomas A. DeGise, Hudson County Executive, and the Hudson County Board of Chosen Freeholders.
Supporters: Jersey City Independent, Jersey City Arts Council